Save the Date for R.H. Smith Black MBA Association Events
2015 Spring Semester
In honor of Black History Month, the Black MBA Association is hosting: “Lessons from Corporate America, What Diversity Means in a Time of Highly Charged Racial Tensions.”
- Dr. Kumea Shorter-Gooden, Ph.D. the University of Maryland’s inaugural chief diversity officer and associate vice president
- Dennis Woodfork, Assistant Division Chief for Technology at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- Tracey Washington, Senior Investment Officer at International Finance Corporation
- Henry C. Boyd III, Clinical Associate Professor | Smith School Diversity Officer | Academic Coordinator LEAD Program
- Drew N. Rouland, MBA, PMP, Director of Program Management at National Institute of Building Sciences
- Mondiu Ladejobi, Information Technology Manager at Congressional Office of Compliance
- A. D. Rachel Pierre, MBA/MSW, Director of Clinical Operations at Lutheran Social Services
- BHM Flyer_2015
Riggs Alumni Center, 6:30 p.m.
Location TBD, 6:30 p.m.
Explore economic prosperity and lasting social and environmental change at the 7th annual Social Enterprise Symposium (SES). SES is hosted by the Center for Social Value Creation and is the University of Maryland’s premiere event on social enterprise and social entrepreneurship. Learn from and engage with thought leaders in the space, including Shira Shafir, Director of Social Innovation and Impact at TOMS Shoes. Be sure to arrive early! A limited amount of TOM’s discount codes will be available to those who attend morning Keynote. SES is free for University of Maryland students, staff and faculty. Learn more and register here.