22nd Annual William D. Bradford 2014 Scholarship Requirements
The 22nd Annual William D. Bradford Banquet will be held on Friday April 10 at the Riggs Alumni Center.
This is the one night where we gather to celebrate diversity and recognize the achievements of our communities within the Smith School. This is a unique opportunity to network with alumni, employers and faculty. But most importantly, this is the night were you can win a scholarship award!
Last year’s award winners received up to $1,000 in scholarships. Our team is working really hard to ensure this year’s awards are even better!
How can you be eligible for these awards?
This year there will be two different categories:
- Outstanding Academic Performance
- Community Engagement
- Local Minority Business Owner (Selected by the Office of the Dean)
What do you need to submit in order to be considered?
- For Community Engagement
- A copy of your updated resume
- A 200-300 Word statement describing one of the following:
- Describe something you have done is the past year that has made a difference in the Black and/or Hispanic community
- What in your opinion are factors holding back the advancement of Black and/or Hispanic minorities within the business world, and what can you do to mitigate these factors
- Explain how you have demonstrated leadership/taken initiative to support the Black and/or Hispanic community at Smith
- For Outstanding Academic Performance and Service
- A copy of your transcript (official/unofficial)
- A copy of your resume
- A 140 character statement describing why you think you deserve this award
- Any other document that proves academic excellence
Please submit your application with all the documents to Brandon Burgess: email@example.com APPLICATION DEADLINE IS EXTENDED TO SUNDAY March 29, 2015 at 11:59pm.
- All documents will be reviewed by judges and all the winners will be announced during the event.
- You must get your ticket to the event.
- You can apply to both awards, but you need to send two separate applications.